|Phone: 1 (847) 802-6917|
168. O mankind! Eat of that which is lawful and good on the earth, and follow not the footsteps of Shaitan (Satan). Verily, he is to you an open enemy.
172. O you who believe (in the Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism)! Eat of the lawful things that We have provided you with, and be grateful to Allah, if it is indeed He Whom you worship.
173. He has forbidden you only the Maytatah (dead animals), and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that which is slaughtered as a scrifice for others than Allah (or has been slaughtered for idols, etc., on which Allah’s Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering). But if one is forced by necessity without wilful disobedience nor transgressing due limits, then there is no sin on him. Truly, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
1. O you who believe! Fulfill (your) obligations. Lawful to you (for food) are all the beasts of cattle except that which will be announced to you (herein), game (also) being unlawful when you assume Ihram for Hajj or ’Umrah (pilgrimage). Verily, Allah commands that which He wills.
3. Forbidden to you (for food) are: Al-Maytatah (the dead animals - cattle-beast not slaughtered), blood, the flesh of swine, and the meat of that which has been slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allah, or has been slaughtered for idols, etc., or on which Allah’s Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering, and that which has been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by the goring of horns - and that which has been (partly) eaten by a wild animal - unless you are able to slaughter it (before its death) - and that which is sacrificed (slaughtered) on An-Nusub (stone altars). (Forbidden) also is to use arrows seeking luck or decision, (all) that is Fisqun (disobedience of Allah and sin). This day, those who disbelieved have given up all hope of your religion, so fear them not, but fear Me. This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But as for him who is forced by severe hunger, with no inclination to sin (such can eat these above-mentioned meats), then surely, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
4. They ask you (O Muhammad ) what is lawful for them (as food ). Say: "Lawful unto you are At-Tayyibat [all kind of Halal (lawful-good) foods which Allah has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, milk products, fats, vegetables and fruits, etc.)]. And those beasts and birds of prey which you have trained as hounds, training and teaching them (to catch) in the manner as directed to you by Allah; so eat of what they catch for you, but pronounce the Name of Allah over it, and fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Swift in reckoning."
5. Made lawful to you this day are At-Tayyibat [all kinds of Halal (lawful) foods, which Allah has made lawful (meat of islamically-slaughtered eatable animals, etc., milk products, fats, vegetables and fruits, etc.). The food (slaughtered cattle, eatable animals, etc.) of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) is lawful to you and yours is lawful to them. (Lawful to you in marriage) are chaste women from the believers and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before your time, when you have given their due Mahr (bridal money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage), desiring chastity (i.e. taking them in legal wedlock) not committing illegal sexual intercourse, nor taking them as girl-friends. And whosoever disbelieves in the Oneness of Allah and in all the other Articles of Faith [i.e. His (Allah’s), Angels, His Holy Books, His Messengers, the Day of Resurrection and Al-Qadar (Divine Preordainments)], then fruitless is his work, and in the Hereafter he will be among the losers.
87. O you who believe! Make not unlawful the Taiyibat (all that is good as regards foods, things, deeds, beliefs, persons, etc.) which Allah has made lawful to you, and transgress not. Verily, Allah does not like the transgressors.
88. And eat of the things which Allah has provided for you, lawful and good, and fear Allah in Whom you believe.
89. Allah will not punish you for what is uninentional in your oaths, but He will punish you for your deliberate oaths; for its expiation (a deliberate oath) feed ten Masakin (poor persons), on a scale of the average of that with which you feed your own families; or clothe them; or manumit a slave. But whosoever cannot afford (that), then he should fast for three days. That is the expiation for the oaths when you have sworn . And protect your oaths (i.e. do not swear much) . Thus Allah make clear to you His Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) that you may be grateful.
90. O you who believe! Intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), gambling, Al-Ansab , and Al-Azlam (arrows for seeking luck or decision) are an abomination of Shaitan’s (Satan) handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful.
91. Shaitan (Satan) wants only to excite enmity and hatred between you with intoxicants (alcoholic drinks) and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah and from As-Salat (the prayer). So, will you not then abstain?
92. And obey Allah and the Messenger (Muhammad ), and beware (of even coming near to drinking or gambling or Al-Ansab, or Al-Azlam, etc.) and fear Allah. Then if you turn away, you should know that it is Our Messenger’s duty to convey (the Message) in the clearest way.
96. Lawful to you is (the pursuit of) water game and its use for food - for the benefit of yourselves and those who travel, but forbidden is (the pursuit of) land game as long as you are in a state of Ihram (for Hajj or ’Umrah). And fear Allah to Whom you shall be gathered back.
118. So eat of that (meat) on which Allah’s Name has been pronounced (while slaughtering the animal), if you are believers in His Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.).
119. And why should you not eat of that (meat) on which Allah’s Name has been pronounced (at the time of slaughtering the animal), while He has explained to you in detail what is forbidden to you, except under compulsion of necessity? And surely many do lead (mankind) astray by their own desires through lack of knowledge. Certainly your Lord knows best the transgressors.
120. Leave (O mankind, all kinds of) sin, open and secret. Verily, those who commit sin will get due recompense for that which they used to commit.
According to a Hadith narrated by Ibn Abbas RA, Prophet Mohammed Sallallahu Alaihiwasallum () was advising to Saad bin Abi Viqas RA to eat only Halal foods because Allah will not accept the Du’a for forty days if a small bite of Haram food was consumed.
The Prophet passed by a fallen date and said, "Were it not for my doubt that this might have been given in charity, I would have eaten it." And narrated Abu Huraira the Prophet said, "I found a date-fruit fallen on my bed." ( Sahih Bukhari, Book 34: Sales and Trade 271)
Abu Huraira RA reported Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: O people, Allah is Good and He therefore, accepts only that which is good. And Allah commanded the believers as He commanded the Messengers by saying:" O Messengers, eat of the good things, and do good deeds; verily I am aware of what you do" (xxiii. 51). And He said: ' O those who believe, eat of the good things that We gave you" (ii. 172) He then made a mention of a person who travels widely, his hair disheveled and covered with dust. He lifts his hand towards the sky (and thus makes the supplication):" O Lord,0 Lord," whereas his diet is unlawful, his drink is unlawful, and his clothes are unlawful and his nourishment is unlawful. How can then his supplication be accepted?( Sahih Muslim, Book 5: The Book of Zakat (Kitab Al-Zakat) 2214)
I heard Allah’s Apostle() saying, ’Both legal and illegal things are evident but in between them there are doubtful (suspicious) things and most of the people have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from these suspicious things saves his religion and his honor. And whoever indulges in these suspicious things is like a shepherd who grazes (his animals) near the Hima (private pasture) of someone else and at any moment he is liable to get in it. (O people!) Beware! Every king has a Hima and the Hima of Allah on the earth is His illegal (forbidden) things. Beware! There is a piece of flesh in the body if it becomes good (reformed) the whole body becomes good but if it gets spoilt the whole body gets spoilt and that is the heart. (Bukhari, Book 2: Belief49)
The people of pre-Islamic times used to eat some things and leave others alone, considering them unclean. Then Allah sent His Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and sent down His Book, marking some things lawful and others unlawful; so what He made lawful is lawful, what he made unlawful is unlawful, and what he said nothing about is allowable. And he recited: "Say: I find not in the message received by me by inspiration any (meat) forbidden to be eaten by one who wishes to eat it...." up to the end of the verse.(Sunan Abu-Dawud,: foodsKitab Al-At’imah)
Once Allah’s Apostle() passed by a dead sheep and said to the people, "Wouldn’t you benefit by its skin?" The people replied that it was dead. The Prophet said, "But its eating only is illegal."
Once ’Umar RA was informed that a certain man sold alcohol. ’Umar RA said, "May Allah curses him! Doesn’t he know that Allah’s Apostle() said, ’May Allah curse the Jews, for Allah had forbidden them to eat the fat of animals but they melted it and sold it."(Sahih Bukhari, Book 34: Sales and Trade 426)
I heard Allah’s Apostle(), in the year of the Conquest of Mecca, saying, "Allah and His Apostle() made illegal the trade of alcohol, dead animals, pigs and idols." The people asked, "O Allah’s Apostle()! What about the fat of dead animals, for it was used for greasing the boats and the hides; and people use it for lights?" He() said, "No, it is illegal." Allah’s Apostle() further said, "May Allah curse the Jews, for Allah made the fat (of animals) illegal for them, yet they melted the fat and sold it and ate its price."( Sahih Bukhari, Book 34: Sales and Trade , 438)
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) forbade (the use of) the skins of beasts of prey. ( Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 32: Clothing (Kitab Al-Libas) :4120)
The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Do not ride on silk stuff and panther skins. AbuSa’id RA said to us: AbuDawud RA said to us: The name of AbulMu’tamir RA is Yazid ibn Tahman RA. He lived in al-Hirah. ( Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 32: Clothing (Kitab Al-Libas) :4117)
I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) say: Every intoxicant is forbidden; if a faraq of anything causes intoxication, a handful of it is forbidden. ( Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 26:Drinks (Kitab Al-Ashribah)
The Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) forbade every intoxicant and everything which produces languidness. (Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 28:Drinks (Kitab Al-Ashribah) 3678 )
Wa’il RA said: Tariq ibn Suwayd RA or Suwayd ibn Tariq RA asked the Prophet (peace be upon him) about wine, but he ()forbade it. He again asked him(PUBH), but he() forbade him. He RA said to him(): Prophet of Allah(), it is a medicine. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: No it is a disease.( Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 28: Medicine (Kitab Al-Tibb)
I asked the Prophet (peace be upon him) and said: Apostle of Allah()! we live in a cold land in which we do heavy work and we make a liquor from wheat to get strength from if for our work and to stand the cold of our country. He()asked: Is it intoxicating? I replied: Yes. He() said: You must avoid it. I said: The people will not abandon it. He() said: If they do not abandon it, fight with them. ( Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 26: Drinks (Kitab Al-Ashribah)
Anas RA reported that Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) was asked about the use of Khamr from which vinegar is prepared. He() said: No (it is prohibited).(sahih Muslim, The book of Drinks (Kitab Al-Ashribah)4891)
Malik ibn AbuMaryam RA said: AbdurRahman ibn Ghanam RA entered upon us and we discussed tila’ and he RA said: AbuMalik al-Ash’ari RA told me that he heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: Some of my people will assuredly drink wine calling it by another name. (Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 26:Drinks (Kitab Al-Ashribah)